11 September 2010

James Reid: Pinoy Big Brother Teen Clash 2010 Edition Big Winner

Note: Before jumping to the content please be guided that this is solely based in my own opinion on how I see things out and not to insult or offend in any way the one and his followers/fans in this review.

I know I am too old for this teenager thing but since I am an avid viewer of the PBB (Pinoy Big Brother) I get to watch this teen edition with my little sister, way back, every night and besides, I am also anticipating the next “telenovela” episode that I am hooked with. And so, I patiently watched it every night from Mondays to Fridays (telenovelas are usually aired in the Philippines during these periods).



I witnessed how teens from different cultures (but with Filipino blood) competed with one another showing what they got that the televiewers might like or dislike. The competition was basically judged through the text votes from the televiewers nationwide and from TFC (The Filipino Channel) subscribers around the world. Since, this is a teen edition I assumed that the large number of voters come from this group also. Needless to say, this edition had been intentionally aired by ABS-CBN for them since summer vacation is around.

I had my own bet too but I think that’s not important anymore. Then came the much awaited final night, everyone and for sure the teen competitors were all nervous while waiting for the final call. Finally, it was James Reid who topped among all others. He was a Filipino-Australian coming from the “teenternational” group of teens. Personally, I didn’t think of him to be the big winner for he didn’t even stand out in performance level while still inside the house. The grand winner could either be Devon or Ivan but not him. Well, since the judgment was primarily based on text votes anything could happen and this was one.

In all fairness to James he is a man of good heart but there are other deserving teens for the grand winner place. Considering that the prices at stake are very great like the 1 million pesos cash and a condo unit worth 3 million pesos, that’s really a lot for those who have done so much in the show. But then each one of us has his own stand and can vote whom he wants and fights for it.

My only point here is that voters should have voted wisely and gave their votes to the one who truly deserved it. I am not against James at all but it was really clear from the start that he’s not the one. In an interview after the final night he even claimed that his winning was unfair to his fellow candidates. James Reid is a good looking man with the potential of being the boy next door icon in the future. This is a reminder especially to the teens that there’s more to looks and outside beauty. One with true Filipino values committed to sharing the talents he/she possesses is still the most important thing to consider.

3 comments: